The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought an 08 2588 with a 1052 30ft draper header. How do you guys like the 2588's? Any problems? We will be running our 1688 and 2588 now. Might need more help HA HA.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
We have an 07 2588. Nice machine. The reverser cylinders seem to blow out once in a while at the seam, but that's not too painful to fix. It is thirsty though, compared to a 2388 with the mechanical fuel pump.

-Lance

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lance, does your machine have the accumulator on the reverser cylinder? if not you may want to add it, it will help from blowing that cylinder. there is a kit but I don't have the number. hydro

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
big difference from a 2388..you will love it!!!!

also it can handle a 36ft draper really well incase you ever think of tradeing up on length..

congrats and enjoy there really good machines

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I just bought a 300 hr 2588 (traded my 2388) and since then I found a 36 ft honeybee - still have my 30 ft hbee. I am looking forward to running this outfit. Casefarmer is there a need for fluid in rear tires for the 36 foot or is the 2588 balanced differently ??

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
yeah put the fluid in the tires... and rear axel im pretty sure is the same... haven't had any issues on the rear axel... what have you heard?

also nothing on the fan..

i did snap the belt to the spreaders on the back of the machine after 8 hrs of use... put a new one on and it ran the rest of the year...heard there was a slight flaw in some machine on that area.

on ours must have been a bad belt..

you will need a 3rd lift cylindar also..or you will pick the head up off the trailor a 1/2 inch

no fluid you can get by but backing up tight is impossible and it just helps.... don't do the weight bracket...that would be too much of a pain and you actually have 100 pounds more on the back by doing fluid.

weve had 2 2588's and they have been very trouble free the pro 600 is great too!!!

you have to go to performance to get to the summary tab but besides that everything eventually makes sense.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Mustard do you have a 3 ft auger extension? if not you had better get that... get the stewart steel 3ft addon that goes on the end of the auger...and follow the directions to a T....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. Are there any problems to take care of(updates) right away. Better to get these things done during the summer then right when you need the combine. Just a few things. Did they fix the air screen bracket problem? Also, did they beef the rear axle on this machine?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just bought a 35' draper for my 2588. Would hardly lift the head but I only have 2 lift cylinders. I just turned the pressure up on the cylinders a little bit and problem solved. As for weight on the back, I don't think that I will need any. Played with it in the barnyard quite a bit and didn't seem to think that I need to add any. Maybe that will change when I get the hopper full. I just hate to add any weight unless I absolutley need it. I don't have any hills, table top flat.

·
Registered
961 Posts
neighbor bot one two years ago. had some trouble with it at first, but it was a bunch of stupid stuff like bolts that wer not tightened. once he ran the bugs out of it it worked great. alot better than the 23's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts