The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at 08 8010 with 300e-200s hours looks to be very clean, any major issues or compaints on this particular year, shes loaded up, ill be runnin 12 row corn head. lloking far any info thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
These are my experiences in small grains, for what there worth.

08 8010 400hrs in hard red spring wheat, barley, canola, oil sunflowers and flax.

Replaced lower sieve actuator (failed and wouldn't adjust), the hydraulic motor than runs cleaning fan ( small leak around seal).
All was done under warranty the first year. Never had a stop for anything in 09 harvest.

Have not replaced a chain, belt or any other wear item. Adjusted the clean grain chain a few times, will have to take out half link next adjustment. Never had the feeder chain slip a cog, in fact I only adjusted it once in the whole season.

The smoothest, most trouble free, piece of equipment I've ever owned. Alot of little things that bug me about it(Won't go into detail unless you request it), but I will never go back to an 88 series after this.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We have two 06-8010's. We do small grains and oilseeds.They are both close to 2000eng/1750 sep hours. They have both been awesome combines(the best we have ever had!) I dont think we have ever lost more than a afternoon to a breakdown. They are far cheeper to maintain (per acre) than our 88's and TR's. From what I here from others they have only got better. There may have been a update for the rad box and feeder clutch on that year. I would have the dealer do a check to make sure it has any updates that apply to that unit. They should be able to give you a warranty history for that machine. I dont think you will be disappointed with a 8010

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got an 08 with 580 sep. hours. We've done injectors, feederhouse chain, upper feederhouse drive with sprockets this year. Been fairly expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow did the chain break or what was the deal on that, and what happend to the drive. what symptoms were from the injectors? did you replace them all?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got an 08-8010, 2nd yr on machine. Did HRSW and Canola.
1st yr-half of the brush tore off from around the rad cleaner.
-plugged air filter every1.5-2 hrs.Turns out CIH never sealed rad next to the housing.
-had to adjust the sensor for the shoe speed.
-seemed to be short of power.
2nd yr-engine seemed to run better.
-also chipped it midway.definately needed it.
Thats it. It loves canola, harder to set it wheat. Had a deere 9760.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A friend of mine has an 80-10 that has just completed its 3rd harvest today. They have a large program of about 9000 acres of mostly wheat but a bit of canola some barley and a few lupins. They have had a few issues with it over the last couple of seasons but nothing you wouldn't expect from a brand new machine, just teething problems, but this year they have had a horror run with it. It has done a couple of shafts and bearings in the front, Linnea actuators have packed up causing grief and the electronics have given a bit of trouble and a couple of belts have failed without a lot of hours on them, and they have had several welded units fail because they werent welded properly in the first place, that really anoyed him in the case of the shaft between the 2 sections of the reel, because there was no replacement available in Ausralia for the broken part, it would have had to come from the US so they had to straiten out the wreckage and weld it all back together to finnish, and with a machine of this age and value he thought that shouldn't happen. He has been swearing about this machine as the worst axial flow they have ever had. They got their first axial flow about 20 years ago and have had in all 5 (all bought new) , a 1688, 2 x 2188s a 2388 and now the 80-10. All the other machines were very reliable and had an enviable reputation in the district but the 80-10 seems somewhat less reliable. The owner reckons Case/IH are spending too much time developing the electronic gadgetry and not enough on the actual mechanical machine and that its reliability is suffering as a result. I don't think it will see a 4th harvest with them but I think they will still get another Case because they believe the problem is likely just this machine but it is causing them grief. Although they have a big program they are very good with both maintenance and the ability's of the operators so that is not the problem but this "particular" machine is a worry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had an 04 8010 and traded for an 08 8010 in Nov. We are in northern Iowa and have 1200-1500 acre corn and <1000 beans each year, We have the 2020 bean platform and a 12-row Drago w/choppers. We really like the grain quality these machines deliver , but it appears there are still certain wear points of the combine that could be a gauge heavier. Our 04 had fabulous horsepower , so far we are disappointed with the 08. Also ive seen it discussed on other Agtalk forums we cant get the grain dripping stopped on the unload auger!! Otherwise get the headlands off and 2 semis and set of 600bu wagons hauling 1 0r 2miles and we find the dumpit and 4000bu/hr leg are workin hard to keep up . Our dealer is going to ck engine software and injectors when we can get it out of shed this spring ! We put a set of 4 Michilen 650-65x42s on in place 20.8x42s and that helps w the soft spots to carry the Drago , We had to put the 3rd lift cylinder on too (took it off the 04 when we traded) Im surprised these 08s arent set up standard equipment to lift the 12-30heads. Thankyou to every one who help make this website work . Have a happy NewYear and thank the Lord for all we are blessed with!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
we have just completed our second harvest with a 08 8010 done 27000acres in total .had a few annoying small problems but main ones were bearings on main shacker drive shaft(originals ran hot all the time till failed now run cool as), jumping and broken master link in feederhouse chain,wires wearing and shorting to blow rotor fuse,bottom bearing failure on rethasher,bearing failure on eng fan hub (x2) the rest of our problems were with our 45' mid west front(aust made) over all happy with capacity and especially with the setting up (sample) from wheat to barley to lupins to canola to oats to field peas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts