The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with a CX 8070, when we try to use the head manually, ie no resume button, it gradually creeps up as we move down the paddock, i have uninstalled every thing i can think of and it still does it, and it will only creep up when in manual mode not automatic resume mode, its got me beat, i have been playing with the hhc threshold level but it shouldnt really have anything to do with it if its in manual? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Ben

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: 08 CX 8070 HHC

You need to adjust the threshold pressure. From what I recall, run the pressure up to 150psi and see if that works, if not lower it down to 30 to 40 psi. I had machines react differently to high and low pressure. Adjust it through the monitor. Good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Cheers Goncutn, i was playing with the threshold pressure today in the feild and it made no difference, it now creeps in auto as well, it even does it when driving down the paddock with the head up and not engaged, im going to reprogram the CCMs tomorrow and try and get it working properly, very annoying!! thanks for our suggestion

·
Registered
119 Posts

It sounds as if there is a valve that not holding the pressure for the HHC. I dont think its a software problem or an installation of any of the modules. Best bet to call the dealer and get them to check the pressures and see if they are correct. I also assume you dont have the feeder house in the float position, make sure its in the 1 or 2 position.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yea i work for the dealership, i was out at the machine again today, all the readings from the sensors are stable, it is actually powering up the raise solinoid, with the grain head on it creeps up in manual and auto but with the home made grass pickup it only creeps in manual not auto, the voltage for the lift pressure sensor was between 3.8 - 4.2 volts which i think is fine, its getting very confusing!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ive calibrated the header and the max work height, it shouldnt need the resistor recognize the head as we have another machine that has used the grass pickup and has had no problems, it seems to play up more with the grain head on, i have tried the threshold pressure from 2 bar all the way to 20 bar and variuos steps inbetween and makes no difference at all, i am going to try replacing the hhc pressure sensor as it gets worse with more weight? its the only thing i can put it down to, in saying that when i brought up the lift pressure sensor on the graph in the monitor it didnt seem to fluctuate? i am getting really sick of it, we are having a nuts of a season as weve had a lot of rain and when the headers going they cant really stop, thanks for all of your suggestions goncutn, its good to be able to bounce around ideas with others, i will keep you posted

·
Registered
119 Posts

Try doing a header calibration to make sure the weighting of the header is correct with the calibration. If the homemade grass pickup does not have a module to reconize it as a pick up you may need to put one of those on as well. Its on the header and hooks into the elec. harness. What pressures have you tried the adjusting the threshold pressure to?

·
Registered
20 Posts

Have you tried changing the straw elevator angle sensor, its the one at the top of the elevater, if you lower the elevater down and look at it from the front its at the top right hand side, The arm that pushes against the sensor are prone to stick so make sure that is movinf freely, hope this helps, Also if you had any problems when calibrating ie wiv lift pressure sensor it would throw up an abort code after 2 minutes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

hi nhexpert, it calibrates fine which makes it all more confusing, usually if theres a problem it will stick out when calibrating, we have changed the throat angle sensor also the HHC pressure sensor and the MFH, we think it might be in CCM1, it started blowing the light bulbs in the unloading tube light and the left hand puddle light and they all run off CCM1 as well as the HHC circut, we just need a bit of rain so we can work on the machine now, they are going around the clock while the weather is good to get harvest out of the way, Cheers for your suggestions

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

Since you aren't throwing any codes, I'm thinking you have a spool sticking in the HHC valve body. Had an issue on a CR970 where it would stick slightly open when it would get hot. The reason that it doesn't do it on auto header height is that it is always adjusting it down to keep it at the right height.

On the CR970, I would go in and watch my header up voltage While it was in auto height, the header wouldn't drop at all, but as soon as the machine stopped (and the ride control came off) the header would drop. When driving, the header would drop slightly, but then the HHC would kick in before I could see the drop. By watching the voltage I could see when the HHC was pulsing the spool to raise it again.

I would go and watch the 'down' solenoid voltage and see if it is in fact working in auto header height to keep the header level, even though it doesn't appear to be doing anything wrong at that time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts