The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got started on our peas yesterday! sorry no pictures at the moment hope to have some shortly(2-3 days)

yeilds are pleasing for the dry season peas are making 1.5 t/ha or for my american/canadian friends, about 25bu/ac

ill get some pictures on here when i can get some taken, just give me a few days

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so with today being very hot and windy harvest has halted for the day, took the camers out for a drive and took some snaps,

Last year many wanted to know how the pea plucker worked, so here is a couple of shots close up of it.

here is the harvested stubble, not leaving too many vines behind this year!

Our smallest field bin, holds about 800 bags or about 2400 bu

will get some action shots once Im mobile hopefully tomorrow afternoon!

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That's cool. I'll have to pay you a visit someday. It still blows my mind that you farm right on the coast. The largest body of water I've farmed around is a low spot that sometimes fills up for a couple days.

What are the coulters on the ends of your pea plucker for? I'm guessing they cut the vines on the end to keep them from dragging on the header...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ okpanhandle yes the coulters cut the vines.

If you zoom into google earth at the bottom of aus in about the middle you will see that there is quite a big bit of agricultural land right on the coast. Not always the best land but can still makeit work

combiness this is the only picture I have of the pea vines will get a shot of the harvested product soon.

aussiefarmer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts