The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
My dealer came out at the end of May and was pushing for us to order our '09. Said if we didn't do it by the start of June we'd lose a bunch of discount money. Kinda made us mad so we're pricing a Deere and a Lexion. ALWAYS been Case guys, but they're getting more and more pushing about their combines. Heck, Deere doesn't even have they're '09 pricing. Same with Cat. But both of those gladly shot us lower prices than the Case guy without even knowing their price increases.

·
Registered
277 Posts
cyfarmer- one thing about being loyal with your dealer is they are normally willing to work with you alot. We did that same thing years back went from red combines to green. And now we are back to red. All i am saying is dont let one little bump in the road piss you off so bad you might regret it in a few years. It cost's alot more to find out the hard way, trust me. And if he's giving you a deadline to speak for a 09 combine right now, i wouldnt worry to much. Tell him you have to think about it for awhile. Then when you ask later he will still want to deal. All companies are trying top move as much iron as possible. There will still be a deal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh, I know that. But, our area has gotten more and more absdurd with the Case guys. Used to be about 10 Case dealers within 40 miles. Now, I think we have 3, but one is out of state and won't quote us. Only one dealer will give us quotes because of "Trade Territotries". Makes you mad when you're over the barrel like that. We roll combines every year and tractors VERY frequently. You think more people would want to "try" to do business, but it seems they don't care. Honestly, I know it's a kneee-jerk reaction, but far more service and better pricing is being offere by the competitors. Not to say that they're better machines (VERY happy with all of our 1660, 1666, 2188, 2388, and 2588's) They have just cut so many dealers that you may as well go Yellow or Gray and still have a dealer as close/dependable. Kinda sad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts