The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which headers are best suited to use on combines and swathers for canola?
I use NH Honeybee and it looks like a fair job to convert by taking the centre out. Are any other brands any better or is there anything in the pipeline?
I know 2 units is best but I find it hard to justify having 2 good fronts in the shed just because 1 has a combine adaptor.
Russ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Talk to the folks @ AW Vater (Saddleworth) or Brooker Farm Supplies (Yeelanna). Had fun visiting with them a few years back.
Both have had solid experiences outfitting MacDon power units with a draper header that is compatible with any type of combine (Case,NH, JD,Lexion).
My experience in W Canada is that the MD 9000 series windrower with a 972/973 header takes about 1.5 hrs to swap windrower to combine, but the newer (2007 and later) generation M-series with d-series drapers take only about 20-25 minutes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Rusty,

We run a MacDon D60D (40ft) as both a swather on our Nitro and on the harvester. It ahs the quik attach option and once we remember what we are doing with the help of some chep pallets can swap in around half an hour

1 - 3 of 3 Posts