The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be spraying my peas with odyssey dlx. I use a pull type sprayer with yellow flat fan nozzles.

They put down 10 gallons at 5 mph.

I use 100 mesh screens to keep the nozzles from clogging up.

BASF says to use a 50 mesh or coarser for spraying odyssey.

Is there going to be an issue with the 100 mesh or will it be fine as long as everything is dissolved well?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
It has been years since we've used Odyssey so unless they changed the formulation from what it had been, we used it in an Australian Computor Spray and it has something on the order of 120 mesh screens and in addition, because we were only using around 2.6 gallons per acre its mixed a lot stronger then what you would at 10 gals per acre. How we put it in, it had a suction wand system so we would pour water into a five gallon pail and dissolve the product by mixing it with a stir stick first and then make sure we had pumped some water into the sprayer tank before sucking it up. It did always work for us but we tried to make sure we could get it sprayed out rather then sit in the tank and have a chance of settling out.

I'd say try it with your setup but mix up a small batch first just in case you have a mess, at least that way you can check the screens and see how its all going before mixing up a whole whack of it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I have sprayed it in the past, but I can't remember if I had 50's or 100's on.

I will just dissolve it in a 5 gallon pail of water and then dump that into the tank. If it clogs, I will swap the screens.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
With oddysey...spend an extra ten minutes agitating while filling and you will spend less time in the field pulling filters off. BTDT.

All I use is 100 mesh inline filters for everything. Nozzles screens are all in a bucket in the shop.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
If I remember right, you're supposed to use 50 mesh on yellow, 8002 nozzles and larger and 100 mesh on 80015, green and smaller. Some people use no nozzle screens, it has never worked for me.
Yeah, generally anything smaller than a -015 orifice (0.15 US Gallon/Minute) would be recommended to use a 100 mesh screen.

Anything from an -02 tip to an -06 would be recommended to use a 50 mesh screen.

Nowadays, a lot of machines have inline screens of around 80 mesh prior to the boom, so that is why a lot of guys aren't choosing to use the 50 mesh screens at the tips if everything 'should' be running through an 80 mesh screen first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.