The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2388 as a clean up machine behind the 8120 and 8230. I always ran the rigid head or 1010 on my older machines but, what problems would I have if I just ran a flex head in small grains. Is there any feeding issues in light crop with the flex? I don't want to spend the money for a draper head for a machine that will only get 150hrs a year and won't do any of the heavy work. That's why I am looking at an auger head. Can someone let me know if a flex is a mistake in small grains.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have 1 1010 + 2 1020's the 1010 is just there in case of a problem with the 1020's. Once there pinned up, the only difference I could see would be the pick up reel may not work as good in thin crops. otherwise same thing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
We had a neighbor help us on wheat and he had a 1020. It seemed to work just fine and fed fairly well. He ran about 4 to 4.5 mph. The only problem he had was when he first started his head was extremely rusty, so it didn't feed very good. As soon as it shined up though, it fed just fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts