The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put it in Auto mode I still have to press and hold the button to lower the header to the ground. I can lower it all the way to the ground and when I release it, it will go up until it reaches the height I have selected with the knob. I can put the knob in the lowest position and the head will move up when I raise the height knob, but will not lower when I lower the height knob.

This is on a 1480 and a 1020. The connectors are not the same so the previous owner just spliced them together. There are 3 wires on the header side and maybe 8 on the machine side. I have isolated which wire has power all the time. Am I correct in saying that the feelers and the pentiomieter sp? send power to one of the other two wires to tell it to raise and lower? Also why couldnt I disconnect the wires and just manually transfer power from the hot wire to one of the other two and make the head raise or lower?

I am confused as to why the head will raise and not lower in auto? And why the head will not lower to the height selected with one touch of the button?

Sorry for the long post, but the techs around here are not helpfull. TIA

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Pot = potentiometer. It is a variable resistor. It changes physical movement into some kind of electronic signal that the system can use. There are many sizes of these, and they can be hooked up several ways. From what farmertony said, I'm guessing that IH changed something between the 14xx series and the 16xx series. Sounds like you might want to check with your dealer to see what they know about it.

-Lance

·
Registered
192 Posts
inbetween the 14xx seires & 16xx series you need a adaptor harness. your dealer should be abe to get you set up. sorry kingcotten us thech's are a little busy this time of yr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts