The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1020 with hydraulic fore aft however my 1640 doesn't have the option. I've been told you can hook fore aft hose up to one of the other connections and move it to desired position then unhook. If this is possible which connection would I hook it to? The reel speed or the raise and lower connection?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If you are just trying to get it to a specific point, and will leave it there, hook it up to a tractor and move the reel and bolt it.
If you want to move the reel in use---then you will need to add a splitter (doubler) valve on the unloading auger swing circuit.
You have to have a 2 way circuit (pressure either direction). The reel raise circuit is only 1 way (pressure up, release down, only 1 hose).
The reel drive circuit is low pressure, and not a 2 way--just flow in one direction.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
You are aware you can add another hydraulic block to your valve stack to add the option. Did it to our 1660 years ago. Find a valve block at a wrecker and bolt it on, pop a switch in the dash cutout and i beleive all the wiring is there already. Been a decade ago but was easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts