The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to rebuild my 1020 flex this spring in order to get it into "cutting shape" for beans this fall. This is a 2004 model,30'. We replaced the A-frame,new cutterbar,new guards,new sickle, to name a few of the things done. 2188 is equipped with field tracker, and it seems to be working ok on the one field of beans I completed harvesting. I would like to increase the response time or sensitivity of the crop dividers, seems as if I have to exert quite a bit of force when manually lifting the crop dividers to get the side of the header to respond. Works equally on both sides. Is adjusting the knobs on console the only way to increase what I want? Seems like book says optimum range is between 11:00-1:00 when adjusting knobs. Thanks for any response!
Jim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does tightening the big coil spring, make that side of header more responsive or less? Nobody that worked on the repair, remembers where we originally had it set at.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might try to improve my AC flow a bit, do you have to unbolt the seat to get to the evaporator?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
tightening it makes it float lighter loosening make its float heavier responsiveness of the field tracker is done by the knobs in the cab

as for your evaporator I have no idea ive never had a combine long enough except to replace a rare fuse or clean it

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yes there are four bolts to remove the seat but quite a bitch to tip it to get at the condenser as there is all the armrest controls hooked up to the seat as well but is doable . You will be amazed at how much dust is in there .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts