The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cutting some beans today(southern Kansas), down in a creek bottom, really , really thick beans, yield monitor jumped up to 70(think it was probably right), son was riding with me and got excited and said look at those beans roll into the bin! I looked, but it was so dang dusty, when I turned around, augar had stopped. Sickle was still going, so I thought maybe my drive chain on right side had broke. Son got off to take a look, and it was still on, no problem. Tried to reverse the feeder, and it spit out some very large clumps of beans. Started back up and augar quit again, then I realized the slip clutch on the drive shaft was slipping.

Cleaned auger out completely and things worked ok for awhile, until I entered another really thick patch of bins, and the auger stopped once again. Clutch was slipping.

Thought I would call Case/IH and see if they had new pads to rebuild the slip clutch with, and after quite some time of checking and checking,they told me the pads were not available. Only thing that was available was to purchase a new drive shaft assembly, which had the slip clutch with it. I could not believe that, as the cost was going to be $800!

Do you guys rebuild the slip clutch somehow, or was the parts person telling me the truth???
thanks,
JIm

·
Registered
8 Posts
had the same problem on sunday. I looked in the owners manual and the 1020 came with two different types of clutches. of course mine was the kind that is not servicible, but we tightened it up all the way and had no problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts