The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a 1020 30' platform for years. It has never floated on the right side correctly.
I am becoming more involved in the farm now and Dad has just put up with it, but I would like for it to float lighter on the ground.
We have this head on a 2388 w/o FT.
If we get the right side to float better than the left side is to soft.
Any ideas????
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
First check your air pressure in both tires. Then check the faceplate angle on the throat to make sure it is not to far forward. Then you adjust the level of the face plate to tilt the faceplate to raise the right side of the header( Instructions in your operaters manual) From there i use the air pressure in the front tires to fine tune it(+/- 2-3 Lbs.)

·
Registered
111 Posts
On our 30' 1020 we ran a large sheet of poly under the both ends of the head to help prevent dragging. We bought them from our CIH dealer but I believe they came from Mae-Wes or a similiar company. They bolt underneath the head at the back of the cutterbar and have chains at the back that attach to the back side of the header. Work really good IMO.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
or you can tighten the spring on the head by turning the bolts underneath the backside of the header to lighten up the right side then loosen the spring under the shield on the lefthand side si its not so light

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The guy who makes razor rock beaters is supposed to have a kit to fix that...I don't have any experience with them since I just purchaced my first 1020.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your help
I will be trying these things when I get time to put the platform on the combine
Thanks again,
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts