The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, anyone out there worked on JD 12.5 litre engines my engine is running rough I checked intake and exhaust (0023 and 0043) correct? set the preload on the injectors 1/4 turn but still a little rough.
I checked the temperture on the exhaust manifold and port #2 seems to be 15'C -20'C behind the other and exhaust #5 also but a little less. is this acceptable?
I am thinking of taking the injectors out and have them checked, does any one know the proper procedure to remove these injectors? and would you please then give me a detailed description of this procedure? or some hints of some sort. Thank you.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I don't know if you can even get those injectors tested out of the engine. That engine is designed to do most of it's own diagnostics with the ECU, namely misfire and compression test like Tom said. Sorry but you might have to involve the dealer here. A tech can do all that with service advisor laptop.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Injectors can be tested in a testbench out of machine, but try the other tings first.
Some of the smaller engines have had problems with the SCV valve (suction control valve) on the hi pressure pump was a bit sticky. When you get your tech do the misfire and compression test, ask him to check actual and desired rail pressure, the 2 pressures have to follow eachother very close.
If you have a seized injector the ECU wont pick it up, as long as the solenoid is working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts