The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
So how fast in 200bu. corn ? Was thinking of going this route> Have an eight row and would like to slow down abit and get same acres done. Does your 2388 have the stock horsepower or has it been bumped. Give me some insight please! I know I 'm not going to go 4mph i just need to know if it will work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well hopefully I will know tomorrow how well it does. We just got a 2212 today and should get in the field tomorrow. I hope I can run 4, with the 2208 in 200+ bushel corn I could go faster than what the head would feed (reasonably). Our 2388 is a 2006, stock horsepower, believe they upped it to 305 in 06. It's a 12 row ready but we had the tire guy come and put fluid in the back tires, it seemed light. Oh, and I'm talking about a 30 inch row model, I know they have 20s as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Note I have never run a 12 row on a 21-25 but I think it would be fun to try

I think your limiting factor would be your clean grain elevator, you'll have to watch your monitor I think on high speed they are pretty much maxed out around 3000 bph someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you definately would want your concave wires pulled every-other one from front to back but that's just my opinion.

A neighbor has run a bish 1000 series 12-30 on his 2x88 starting back with the 21's. He trades every year this year he has a 25 and still has the same old head hes allways run.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Our old 2388 has been sitting in the shed since the 8010 got here at our farm. We need some more trucks to keep both 'bines running so the ole girl is sitting this one out. When she is back and running, she will be on a 8 row corn head next year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had an 8 row narrow cornhead on 2388 in hill ground the back end was light added weights to back axle, work ok then, hate to see what 12 row would be like, have some rear weights for sale for 2388, traded whole package for 9660 sts, and heads.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the 2388 handles the head just fine. I am going around 3.3-4.0 in 190 bushel corn. Driving slower helps the head do a great job of cutting, so far we are very happy with the head. I just need another driver for trucks to keep up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Steve
have 12 weights red paint is good they are 4 years old, 2388 combine was stored in side, make offer, thinking half price of new, located in southeast Nebraska

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2188 with a 2212 22inch rows and added a third lift cylinder, 1600# in weights and fluid in rear and it needs all of that weight to keep the back down when you stop fast. Like isumatt said 4 mph is about the fastest the head will do a good job, also in 200+ bushel corn 3.5 makes it grunt pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts