The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1200 maxflex with sch crop lifters installed at 12" spacing. I am going to be picking up lodged/blown down wheat in some rather hilly ground. The header has sensing bands on the outside corners of the header to run the auto header height and lateral tilt when the cutter bar is locked up. My problem is there is no sensors in the center of the head when running with ridged cutter bar,:mad: so when you go over a hill top the outer sensors go down and lower the head to push the center in the dirt.:mad: (Now in flex this is not a problem and works great because there is sensing in the center of the head, or on the whole cutter bar). Has any one installed an extra sensor closer to the combine wheel? Has anyone moved one of the outer sensors in closer to the center? Or has anyone just left the cutter bar in flex, which would contour the hills great, And added a higher skid plate under the cutter bar, that rides on the ground but allows you to run the sickle sections higher off the ground to cut taller yet contour hills? Head has to be pitched forward to get crop lifters at right angle.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I would consider calling headsight. They might be able to add one sensor of theirs, along with their headsight control box, and use the claas sensors as well.

I know they can make an improvement with their entire system if you want to invest in it. I like how their wands are mounted much more forward for quicker response, use quality materials, have a great control box that changes settings and diagnoses, and have great support.

Regardless, giving them a call would be worth your time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lexpower
Do you happen to have a part number for the sensors bands in the center, and any additional wiring? I have asked my dealer about this and they have not came up with anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts