The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a 2-way radio in my 2388, and am trying to determine a way to wire in my power supply. I can use the obvious and easy choice by plugging into the aux power outlet behind and right of the seat. But I'd rather save that outlet for future use and I don't want wires hanging and draping all over the cab. Is there a possibility of unused power supplies in the header?
Or I thought that I maybe splicing into the aux power supply wires under the fuse cover and snaking some wire up one if the cab posts, but don't know if its possible without dismantling the interior. I'd like to mount the radio either above the visor up front, or somewhere around the yield monitor, then I can run my antenna wire out along the right mirror bracket where my antenna will be mounted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Under the fuse cover there should be a bolt/stud with what looks like tar paper draped over the top of it. You should be able to get power there and just find a place to ground to. We stuffed our wires just under the edge of the upholstery going up the right rear cab corner. Had our radio mounted into the thick plastic of the headliner on the right side next to the yield monitor. I wasn't sure at first, but it worked great all season. Then we just ran the antenna cable out the right door, stuffed it under the cab roof and mounted the antenna on the mirror bracket. However, we didn't use the power lug that I mentioned earlier, we just plugged into the 'easy' choice behind the seat. Good luck either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts