The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to you fresh from the Combines and Harvesters forum over at YTmag... just discovered this tonight from there... excellent board here!

Anyhow, had a number of diesels and always heard the common action of turning them up, but never bothered with it, but now wondering about turning up the pump on the 1420... how does one go about doing it?

Also, I've read a few of you have now or had before a 1420 with turbo, does anyone know what horsepower that was running? We didn't know any better when we bought or '20 back a couple of years ago, we went to get a part the other day and we were informed the '20's didn't have turbos.... No wonder we were so impressed with the change over the 815!

·
Registered
90 Posts
To turn the fuel up, there is a stud with a locknut in the back of the pump it may have a cover or safty wire on it and they have sleeve crimped on the stud also so you can't loosen the locknut. Peel the sleeve off, loosen the locknut and turn the stud in 1/8 turn at a time to get the power you want. If you don't have one, a turbo will make a lot of differance I would say you could get 175hp pretty easy. In soybeans I could push a 20ft head faster than the neighbors 1440 could push a 15ft. TORQUE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts