The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a kit to convert to the hydro stick with the head height control switch built in. I'm in KY, and we have the move the head up and down a lot. If I had two right hands I wouldn't even consider this! Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
does your hydro lever have the switch to raise and lower the feeder house or does it have the seperate lever to do that? from by the way your talking it sounds like you have the 3 levers and i dont think the kit will work with that

·
Registered
33 Posts
Olsowl, I understand your question. I have a pre electric 1460 that I would like to convert as well. Like to hear from someone who has done it. jeff

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 1460 like this and asked the dealer and they said it could not be done. But i dont see why you cant take a hydro lever out of say a 1660 and wire the switch to a solenoid out at your remote valve. and then eliminate the lever for the head up/down. I was thinking about doing this on my 1460 also.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I did it when I owned a 1480. It was old enough that it was before IH had changed to the electric/hydraulic valve. A company made a "Big Shaver" kit that you could convert your combine over with an electric/hydraulic valve......they supplied the valve, hoses and directions. Do a Goggle search for "Big Shaver header control" and you may get lucky and find one for sale. Also, I don't know why you couldn't go to a salvage yard and take one off an newer machine and convert your machine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lots of the old stick machines have ben converted to electric with junk yard parts. Many of the 1440s ect in the yards around here are missing their valves and wiring. TORQUE

·
Registered
5 Posts
I converted my 1460 to electro hydraulic 10 years ago and used the 2166 control handle. Its not really to difficult. I got a valve bank out of a 1480 and wired up a relay bank to prevent voltage back feed. It still works great. I want to do the hydro handle conversion in my 1680 now.
Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts