The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rotor speed shows 0 on monitor, feed housing raises by it self when i turn the steering wheel. Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
31 Posts
We usually do that once a year too! If your rotor is infact spinning check your sensor as stated earlier. Its right above the feederhouse on the front of the rotor. You'll be able to see the gear and sensor hanging out. We haven't had any problems with the feeder house raising by itself so i'll stab a guess. Make sure your valves for the header height are set up right, and check your accumulator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the rotor, it is spinning. The sensor ohms out okay ( compared the fan sensor reading to the rotor sensor. I'm wondering if maybe a diode is bad in the control panel? This is my first combine so i wasn;t aware the head raises by itself. Makes it tough to hook up the grain head with it raising like that.
Heard that there was some kind of upgrade to help with the raising feeder housing.
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 1440 International running a 1063 corn head just shuts of while combining. I turn the feeder house off and back on and it works again. My feeder house sensor is inside the feeder house with a round disk with holes in it . I am lost of where to start. Please help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
justinco
It sounds like the auto feeder cutoff system is not working correctly on your machine. When it shuts off do you hear a beeper going off and is the red light coming on on the dash that is next to the feeder switch? There is a way to bypass that system to test it. If you have a operators manual it shows it in the electrical section. I think you have to connect two wires together. You have to pull the right hand panel on the cab to access the wiring. On my machine the sensor inside the feeder house had gone bad. Bypassing it to test will let it run but does not turn off the beeper. If you do not have a manual I will look in mine and see if I can scan the page for you. The sensor is the same as the one for the fan and rotor speeds so you could measure them to get a reading maybe. I do not recall what type of a switch they are, I am thinking they are a magnetic reed switch so it may just show open with an ohm meter. If that is the case one wire going to the sensor is a 12 volt feed and the other is a return wire. So you should find 12 volts all the time on the feed wire and the return would read 0 volts if not plugged into the sensor. Probe the return with all wiring connected back up and with the machine running you should see a switching voltage 0 to 12 volt if the sensor is working. If you do not see a switching voltage also check the air gap between sensor and disk before condemning the sensor. That should be not any more than 1/8 inch.

I added that system to my machine so I have a plug in for the sensor on the outside of the feeder house so I can disconnect the wiring to remove the feeder from the machine. I do not know if the factory did the same or not but would assume they did. Hope this makes a little sense to you.

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts