The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a 1440 in heavy irrigated beans (60+ bpa). They are matted and kinda green stemmed. The combine has a 20' head, standard rotor, no disrupters. About all I can get is around 2 MPH. I have the concaves at #4, rotor speed around 550 rpm's. Is that about all the speed I'll get? Should I increase rotor speed, or concave opening? This is my first year operating a rotary. All your help is appreciated. I know if it was a conventional I'd increase the concaves and look for beans on the stems. Should I do the same for this machine? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Get the notched tooth separator bars & disrupters. Very important in both corn & beans.

And shift your rotor into high range and get it up to at least 700.

·
Registered
36 Posts
disruputers are small block of steel that bolted in the cage part of the combine . I am new to the rotor combine to and learning alot from this site. but on the Disruputers i can not find them eny more i think they had some bad thing happen ween one of the came lose. The notched bars do a good job. I was getting some pods in my grain sample and i kept closing down the concaves thinking this would help and found out that i needed to set it a number 3 and get the rotor up to more speed i have got it in hi range and around 850 rpm and that has help in cleaning the grain up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts