The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I needed the same thing a month ago, unfortunately did not get any replies here so ended up going to the dealer. I can't recall what they were except that the sieves were the same as flax. Then i think the rotor was about half open, and the fan and rotor speed we basically had reversed from what the setting was. This was in very dry canola testing about 7.5% though.

On a side note why doesn't each company or dealer post the settings on their website. I could not find the settings posted anywhere except for gleaners where combine world I believe did a simple scan and paste.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Out of the owners manual. Rotor 625, concave #4, chaffer setting 3/8, shoe 1/16, std fan 470. Have not personally cut canola yet, have some planted for next year. My experience in trying to clean small seeds has not been very good when using an adjustable sieve system. Cut flax for the first time this year and could not get a clean sample until I went to a 7/32 round hole bottom sieve and an air foil top top. Got a very nice sample at that point and little loss on the ground. I plan on using a 3mm bottom sieve for the canola. Maybe it is just my sieve, but even closed tight I still have some gap between each slat and feel that is where the trash is getting past. I am running a 1470 which was a hillside 1460. It was updated to the cross flow fan system before I bought the machine. Have a friend who runs a 1680 short sieve system with the original fan system and he has same issues with dirty samples when cutting small seeds. So you might consider a different set of sieves if you can not get things cleaned up. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I remove the bolt you slacken on the lower ajustable sieve as this allows you to close the sieve more then the play in the linkage will allow the bolt back in without opening the sieve. Since I have done this I find no problem getting clean sample in canola.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I to am having difficulty setting my 1460. Losing canola over the chaffer. I've set this wide open and speeded up the fan, with some success, but still losing way more than my 1688 (close to book settings), and no capacity. Not finding much in the straw, so at least I'm getting it to the chaffer. My handbook does not have any settings, and as the 1688 has different rotor & fan, can't use those settings.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
With my 1460 I'd run the rotor down around 470rpm concaves at 4. I have an airfoil chaffer and X-flow fan, so those settings would be of no use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts