The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience with hillside 1470 models (basically the same) when what you say happens is its with the priority relief valves that you speak about. Never had any trouble taking the whole stack valve apart though. Usually if you have the whole thing out its well worth completely resealing all valves and make sure the relief valves are working correctly. I think steering and header are priority.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. Im having hydraulic trouble with an old 1460 that I recently purchased to help out our 1680. Its an old standard hydraulic (not electric over hyd). Anyway Ive been working my tail off trying to figure out why the unloading auger or reel lift/lower valves will not work and have finally narrowed it down to this and was wondering if anyone here had experience with the hydraulic port plate mounted on the left side of the cab on top of the header lift valve. This plate directs and supplies hyd fluid to the steering, unloder swing and reel lift valve circuits. The problem Im having is there is no fluid at all coming from it to supply the unloader swing and reel lift valves. Ive removed the whole thing from the combine and removed the releif valves and they appear fine. The only other things that I havent checked inside it is the priority flow control spools but I cant get them out. They have a wierd plug installed at the factory that I guess they dont want me messing with. The steering, header and everything else works fine. Does anyone have any advice they could offer me on this. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah grass, its them priority divider spools that I cant get out. They have what looks like a screw driver slot in them for removal only they wont budge. Ive talked to two different Case IH dealers about it and they tell me that the spools are most likely causing the problem only they have never had to service them before or they didnt have the experience with them so they shunned away from looking at it. One dealer just suggested replacing the whole top plate with a used one because the cost of replacing the individual parts in the port would not be worth it. The main relief valve alone costs over $200.00 Im not sure what to do with it yet but Im going to have to decide soon as we will be cutting wheat here in a few days. I appreciate your help and if you think of anything else please let me know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When they first came out with this port plate they had quite a bit of trouble with them. The spool valves are mated services therfore the only replaceable part is the relief valve. I have tried taking a plate apart but come to the conclusion that replacing it is the only solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts