The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our soybeans for the first time have green stems and 45% of the leaves still on. Beans running 14% moisture and plan to start cutting monday or tuesday. I have standard rotor, disrupters and have every other wire out of 2nd and 3rd concaves, large wire if it matters. What do i need to do to start cutting these beans? Need input please. THANKS!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Open the concave to "easy thresh", run the rotor about 550 (no load). I cut beans last Thursday that were very green stem and 15% leaves, went right through as set above. A 20' 820 head and 4.3 mph. They made about 45 bpa.

Hope your elephant ears are good!

Godspeed,
Trent

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually the 1460 has 3 - I think later models might have went to 2.
Hey Glenn - how'd the crop turn out? Hope the 1460 worked well for you (or did you give up and pull the 510 out of the shed?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
What an IDIOT I am!!!! Of course the 40 and 60 series have 3 elephant ears. The 80 series has 4 ears, unless 2 are removed to help with feeding like my 1480 was. I knew there was a 2 ear and 3 ear, just got them all discombobulated! Sorry for any inconvenience!

Godspeed,
Trent

·
Registered
809 Posts
When I ran a 1480 with a standard rotor in tough beans I always kept the concaves a little on the tight side, I always thought that if I ran them on the open side the stuff sat on the concaves and came out in slugs.

I also ran the rotor speed up until I started splitting the beans and then I'd slow it down a little.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jim, Crop turned out pretty good. 1460 worked really well and after a couple of days after combining my wheat and barley I suddenly realized I never had anything go wrong her. Nice feeling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts