The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
got my first combine this week. A 1460 from 1985 with 1860 hours. Now the first problem found. No cranking when turning the key and the battery is completely empty very fast. Tried with another batterty, known to be fresh and charged. Again Lights etc are OK but as soon as I turn the key to start position the electricity is withdrawn from the battery completely very fast. Do I have to look for a new starter? Both batteries I tried were Optima 850 50Ah. Where can it dump all this current so fast, no smoke seen anywhere... Before I started fine.

Regards,
MarkusT

·
Registered
363 Posts
Couple of things I would check is the ground cable from your negative post on your battery. Check and see if that cable has rubbed through anywhere.It could be shorting out on the frame. Next check and make sure that the ground cable that bolts to the combine is connecting and clean and that the bolt it is fastened on with is clean and tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers. Problem solved, the + connection to the battery was bad. With a new connection it now runs fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts