The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1460 last week, and I have a couple of questions. First off it has a rock trap and we haven't ever run one. Anything special about them and how do they work? How common was hydraulic fore and aft on them? Why only 2 lift cylinders? Our 1440 has 3. Will it lift a 6rn head ok? Does anybody know the part numbers to convert an 820 cable head to electric AHHC? I would like to update heads but that will probably be next year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the 1460 doesn't have reel fore and aft as a common thing, and you'll need 3 cylinders to lift that corn head unless it is a 963 or 1063 the newer version

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a 1440 with only 2 lift cylinders and a 863 corn head it lifts it just fine i wouldnt worry about it. and theres not much weight differance in a 963 & 1063 verses a 863 and also ive never seen a 14 series combine with fore & aft i would think that would have came off a newer machine hope this helps

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
We have a 1460 with two lift cylinders and we have a 2206 corn head. Works just fine.

We have fore and aft on ours but not sure if it is that common.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was added, just add another vavle to the stack, run the hoses ,wires,and a switch and your in there. The 820's were the same, the control linkage runs down the top of the head into the end of the frame, behind the shield on the wobble-box end, and the electric "pot" mounts to the end of the linkage. Find an elecrtic one, or look in the heads om, and take a look, should be easey to switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts