The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had trouble with the steering on a 1460 getting where you put new tires on it and it eats them off before the end of the season? I put new ones on 2 years ago about half way thru the year and by the time we parked them in the barn for the winter u could not tell it. They made it thu last year (suprise) and now they look like racing slicks. I was wondering if you can fix this on the rear end needs gone thru and how much it costs. Thanks Farmerson

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like the toe-in is not set correctly, especially if the combine does not see much road time. Pavement will eat them up faster than almost anything.
Toe-in will usually show up as wearing fairly evenly all the way across the tire. Camber (non-adjustable on the combine, would require replacing parts) will wear tires on the sides of the tread.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sees an amount of road time we farm 25 mile in any direction of us. I need to take it in to the local dealer and have some other stuff fixed on it so I will have them look at (or fix) the problem. Thanks for your help and sorry I did not reply sooner we got in the fields working ground and I finally got a chance now that it rained to get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts