The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever had the numbers in tach go out? At first a half of one went out, three hours later they all went out. Got one from a salvage yard, plugged it in, rpm's came on then went out. Could it be anything else? THANKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
Once I had a similar problem with my 1460 tach. When I started up every morning, it didn`t have any reading at all. It only read 0000. After 25 minutes it started to work, first rpm`s and so on. Had the tack send inn throu my dealer, but after a 600 dollar bill and testing, it still didn`t work. Some wise guy thougt it was the generator. Had the generator and connections changed, still no reading !! I eventually sold the combine, and I never found the problem.......good luck !1

·
Registered
170 Posts
On my 1440 when I turn the key over to get the radio and ac to come on I get nothing at first. I have to thump the volt meter gage a few times to get power before starting. I think its a loose wire behind the panel but it gets frustrating sometimes. I will fix it before milo harvest but I was wondering if you or anyone else has this problem. My tack meter is ok though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts