The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you adjust the vanes on a 1460? The only book i've got is the little IH pocketbook. We will start harvesting wheat in few weeks, trying to get things ready. Also last year picking wheat on our 820 head the wheat kept building up on the ends of the head, then when it got almost to the reel it was like the auger grab it an went to the middle. What do i need to need adjust? THANKS

·
Registered
37 Posts
The best thing to do is go down to the local high school and ask if you can borrow the 6'5" freshman basketball center. The one that weighes 150lbs. YOu have to be long and thin to get at the vanes on a 60. Pull your concaves and put the rotor in nuetral. Loosen the top bolt as much as possible but leave the nut on. Take the center bolt and lower bolt out and go foreward or backward. Make sure when you put the bolts back in you get all the nuts on before you tighten any of them. You will see why they slotted the 1600 series after you do this. Oh yea make sure you blow the machine out good first, its a dirty job.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do not want to steal this thread but I do have a question about adjusting the vanes too. If you wish to slow down the material as it goes through the machine in which direction do you move the vains. I have been told that you want the first vanes slow, over the middle concave in about the middle and toward the rear of the machine fast. This is suppose to help the thresh to begin with by holding back the material and then speed it up and move it out to the back. Anyone wish to comment about that? I have a 1470 which has been upgraded to the 16 series cage. Thanks Dennis

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Just adjusting the vanes Gravy??? How are they set now?? If you
are changing them out, then the skinny basketball player is good
advice....or perhaps a Munchkin from The Wizard of Oz....or.....
pull the rotor and have a tad more room to work...from 2006
when we last had the rotor out of the 1670; new cage and new
chromed vanes.....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Ran chromed cones in the 1470's.....had the original cones in when
they left the ranch with 5000 hrs on them. New plan now that the
price to get them chromed is way out of line, and they do a crummy
job of it now. So, ran the cone out and slapped in a new one...did
use chromed vanes on it ....

·
Registered
37 Posts
1470... It all depends on what you are threshing. Wheat is usually not a problem unless you are gettng white caps in the tank. If it is a hard to thresh crop move them into a more streight up and down position (back). If you have a 1600 series cage dont be afraid to experiment. If you are having toruble with loss from heavy return out the back its OK to slow down the grate area and keep the concave area fast (although I think CIH use to frown on this).We do it all the time with no problem. If you really want to slow things down over the grates take out every other bar. you will eliminate your rotor loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.