The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a pickup header from a 1482 or 1682 mounts on a 1480 without great difficulty.

Thanks for your comments in advance

·
Registered
276 Posts
For starters the hole is offset to the left, more header would hang out to your right when driving.
The 1482's had an electric/variable speed belt drive for pick-up speed, and a sprocket chain coupler for the auger drive. All drive issues could be solved in an hour or so, take the sprocket off header and the 1480 hex sleeve should slide right on. Take all the pick-up drive stuff off and put a hydraulic motor on pick-up and connect the hoses.
With the prices that wreckers are asking for major parts and complete 815/1015 headers i would consider it if i was only swathing part of my acres.
The 1015 off a 1682 would be much nicer, wider pickup, already hyd drive, and larger diameter auger . Still offset a couple feet but tolerable and much cheaper than one off an SP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was aware they were off set. The reason I am asking is I am looking to put a stripper header on a 1480. There is a 1480 available but doesn't have a pick up header. I would still like to have a pick up header if the need arises to use one. And I know that decent 1482 and 1682 combines can be had for less than $5,000 with pickups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts