The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Thats sounds like a good price. You can get overhaul kits with sleeves for around $1500. If you are having the engine rebuilt i highly recommend having the injectors extrude honed while you are at it, it's $300 well spent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Threw a rod through the side of my 1440 dealer put reman in it and grand total was 16,000 dollars. With rebuilt injection pump. done fall of 08.right before corn and bean harvest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 1480 engine was overhauled in 04 or 05, it might have 300hrs since overhauled, cut 500 acres of milo this year and never added any oil. Combine needs some sheet metal and auger work, over all a good machine. I bought a 1680 before the first of the year, so I would like to sell, CHEAP! Send me a message if your interested!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those are some insane labor charges. I got a remanned 466 quote from our dealer not long ago and I'm pretty sure it was under $6,000. You're talking $8000 labor. Wow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should be able to find a number of B model 466's in the $4-6,000 range that were removed from trucks and are complete, the oil pan is the only problem since it is set up for a truck and not the shallow space on your combine and the existence of a manual cutoff for fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts