The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a 1480 it currently has a standard rotor but I will need to replace it with a specialty rotor. What does a specialty rotor cost out of a junk yard and what does it cost to put bars on it. I will be pouting the Kyle rotor flights on also at the same time.

What other quarks is there to know about the 1480's? I have experience with the 1600's but not the 1400's Will it handle an 8 row corn head in 200bpa corn? What about a 25' grain table in 50 bu soybean's? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: 1480, Rebuild specialty rotor$? Any other qui

Where are you located at? If in KS or northern OK contact St. John Welding, St. John, KS. They are as good on prices for this as anyone. I would strongly recommend an after market AFX head. You can get them for $850 to $1150, it will help the overall performance considerably. I cut 60 bushel wheat with a 30 ft. head on my 1480. It will be slower going than the 1600 series but it should handle the 50 bpa beans with a 25 ft head. I don't know about the 200 bpa corn with a 8 row head, I am guessing it will handle it but it will be all it wants. Just realize you will have to drive slower.

Is this a late model 1480 or an early model. The later models had more HP and could probably be turned up just a little. Check with your local dealer, he should be able to tell you if it can be turned up any.

You need to make sure your clean grain and tailings return chains and paddles are in good condition. You might want to consider speeding up both by changing the sprocket size on the drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 1480, Rebuild specialty rotor$? Any other qui

Worthington Ag Parts (correction) has used ones with new bars and balanced for around $2200. I'm picking one up tomorrow.

The 1480 should handle an 8 row head. Just have to adjust the speed accordingly. It has shorter sieves than a 1680 (88?) so there may be a problem with putting corn over the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts