The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and just found this site and really enjoy reading all of your posts and looking at the pictures.

I've been running a 1980 model 1480 for the last 22 years( mostly wheat) and am going to up-date to a used 2000 model 2388 this wheat harvest. I know there have been lots of improvements since the old 1480 and would like your thoughts on how much better the 2388 will be and what problem things I should be aware of on a 2388?

Looking at the 2388, I see alot of the same things the old machine has but the cab interior is what has caught my eye....won't know how to get used to a "single joystick"

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
One of the things you will noticed is that the hydraulics on the 2100s and newer are very much improved and it will take a little while to get used to having brakes that actually work
It may take a little bit to get used to having all the controls on the hydro lever but once you do you'll really like it. In '03 we made the switch from a 1460 to a 2366 and have been very happy with the three 2366s we've owned since then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anteater: I have a 1460 and am looking to upgrade. There is a 2166 coming up at an auction and am wondering how much of a capacity upgrade that would be. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd say that a 2366 is probably pretty comparable to a 1480 capacity wise. With a six row corn head in dry corn you can't hardly overload the combine and with a 25' flex head in decent cutting 60 bpa beans we can usually run 4.7-5.0 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts