The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
More than likely yes they would. Rotary combines generally have a more gentle and complete threshing system than conventional walker systems. The conventional combine threshes grain more on an impact basis, where as the rotary is more like a "rubbing" motion to remove grain from the stalk/ear/pod.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the same problem . Kept thinking we're seting it wrong , but never really figured it out. Would like to have someone from the company help set it . 760 tt with 16 row corn head so it's running at capacity which should help keep it from cracking .

·
Registered
190 Posts
conventional combine threshes grain more on an impact basis

More than likely yes they would. Rotary combines generally have a more gentle and complete threshing system than conventional walker systems. The conventional combine threshes grain more on an impact basis, where as the rotary is more like a "rubbing" motion to remove grain from the stalk/ear/pod.

"conventional combine threshes grain more on an impact basis" I have to question your reasoning for stating this?

I believe that sunnybrook has done extensive studies on the use of a cylinder / concave setup. I maybe wrong, but you get more threshing from the grain rubbing grain than high speed metal beating the grain off of the plant?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.