The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1640 with a standard rotor, large wire concaves and bar grates. I run 30% corn, 50% beans and 20% wheat. I bought a set of cover plates from Marv for wheat and when I was taking out the concaves I discovered that there wasn't any straight bars on the rotor. The spiral ones that end with straight are on but the ones between the spiral ones are gone. There is 6 brackets. Is there a reason why these are off? I bought the machine used with 1850hrs on it. Also how much wear is acceptable on the concaves and grates? There is about a 1/16 radius on the concaves and about 3/32 on the grates. The separator bars look shot, the heads on the bolts that hold them on are about wore off. Is there any aftermarket products for the bars? I was thinking of rebuilding the concaves and grates with weld but didn't know if it was worth the time. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The missing straight bars are only needed in tough threshing small grain crops. We have found that the rotor performs better in corn and especially beans with those bars removed. The flow of material is much smoother with the short bars out of there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts