The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st time combining beans with this 1660 and I am having a problem. The bean straw is building up on both sides in the corner of the discharge area, just in front of the chopper. When it starts to fill in, it makes the chopper windrow the straw pretty bad, as it all ends up in the center of the chopper. I am also worrying that if I don't catch it in time, it may plug the rotor discharge entirely. The area that fills with straw is open towards the rear a little ways and has a ledge on the bottom that keeps the straw from dropping down into the chopper. I may of accidentally created this problem last winter when I added the rotor extension bars to each one of the serrated separator bars. I am thinking these bars may toss the straw around a lot more sending it into this area. Even still, it looks like a bad idea to have this area for the straw to start building up in. I guess I am wondering if there is some sort of factory cover plate that is missing from this area or if I need to fab something. I looked at the parts book and I did not see anything that looked like it would fit in this area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
if your talking about out of the end of the rotor into the chopper there are supposed to be 2 pieces of tin like a funnel that keep straw out of the corners and direct it into the chopper.
They mount to the tin that goes across the back of the rotor and above the auger bed drive they are straight and shaped in a triangle
they mount on either side of the round hole for the rotor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After looking a number of 2166 & 2366 with factory choppers (at the local salvage yard) it appears to me that I already have the 2 part numbers 2K gave me in the combine. But they are not funnel shaped at all, at least they don't "funnel" the stuff away from the side walls and toward the center on the machine. They sit square with the outer wall and just block the stuff from falling into the chopper rotor clear to the outside where there are no rotor knives. The problem is that the material is building up on the front side of these baffles.

What do I have to do to post pictures to this site? Is it only possible to post them by linking them to a photo hosting site?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does your rotor have the angle bars on the very back they should stick out into the back of the hole about 4 inches.
when you say in front of the deflectors do you mean the rotor cage side or the chopper side of the round hole at the back?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Had some buildup in our 1460 chopper area but not much and its never windrowed, always was on the LH side. (When facing front.) Seems this year the stems were wetter than normal and could have made it worse, but did 50+ acres and never had to pull anything out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does your rotor have the angle bars on the very back they should stick out into the back of the hole about 4 inches.
when you say in front of the deflectors do you mean the rotor cage side or the chopper side of the round hole at the back?
Yes, my rotor has kicker bars. It did not have them when I bought it last year, but I added them when I reworked the rotor last winter.

The stuff builds up on the front, rotor cage side of the deflector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.