The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader first time poster. Does anyone know how to make the header sensitivity more sensitive? I have switch turned all the way up and it still reacts slow. It works but I have to slow down cutting beans on unlevel ground.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Does the header raise slow when you push the button up especially when the oil is hot? If so hydraulic pump is probably wore out. I just replaced mine with a 1680 pump an it lifts faster than a 2388. But this causes problems in float with it being too reactive. You can see my posts below about a month ago. Now it works perfectly and reacts fast w/o having to slow down. If it's not hydraulics, check that the feelers under the header are making contact with the runners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It raises fine when push button when turning on the ends . I wonder if it has anything to do with the wire harness adapter I had to put on header to make my 2006 model 1020 header controls work on my 1990 1660 ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
If your 1020 still has cable control from under head to potentiometer,you need to change the potentiometer to the one for the 16 series combine. I had to do the same thing with my 2001 1020 on my 1680, know I have traded for a 2577,so I will be changing it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts