The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 1680 that no longer has a working warning buzzer. I just bought the machine and it worked when it was at the dealer and the mechanic said it worked when it left. Any suggestions on where to start. It does not work with either the engine warning lights, or the threshing. The lights all come on - just no sound.

First thought is that something came loose during transport. I'm going to pull the panel on the right side and start checking wires. I'm sure the buzzer is 12v - I'll see if it even works (bottom one right?). Do these go bad often?

I have a '91 that acts up once and a while then it will start working. It has never failed me in the field.

·
Registered
117 Posts
check the switch on the foot n inch pedal under the floor just walk under the cab and look for a switch on the pedal with a plunger on it. they will stick and not allow the whistle to come on when the key is on

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
strangest thing, i power washed the engine compartmen and now the buzzer is working. Maybe it was the foot and inch pedel sticking, who knows - it is working now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem last year the buzzer worked for awhile and then I went out I took the panel off and checked to see if there was current there. The test light lit up so there was. If u push in the foot and inch pedal the light goes off. I got a new buzzer and have to put a piece of tape over half of it because its so loud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts