The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the hydraulic pump on my 1660 with a new pump for a 1680 to get the header to raise faster. Boy does it ever! But when I put it in the float position the header keeps jerking up and down and won't just float on the ground because the hydraulics work so fast even with the sensitivity set at 1. It bounce the combine so bad that my yield monitor screen fell down. I slowed the drop rate on it and that helped stabilize it a little but not much. Is there any way to sow the raise rate any without switching back to my old pump. Old pump was wore so much it took 10-15 seconds to raise the header when oil was warm. This is on a 20' 1020 head wtb the cable height sensing. Maybe put an orfice in the lines?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No accumulator on my machine. Wound up putting orfices on the lift cylinders and replacing the plastic poppet on the side of the valve stack beneath the header drop adjustment screw. That poppet cost $69!!!! Header float still not perfect but way better than it was. Still a little jerky but not bad once the oil warms up and the header still picks up fast. May try to plumb in some adjustable flow valves and do away with the orfices later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts