The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cessnaguy, You are right we have 30' on the 8010 and Lexion and thats about it over here. This is a 20' one. We have Drapers if they are the same as what you are talking about, some farmers use them for picking up windrowed canola. There are also headers with knives which move forwards for canola etc. We fit a sideknife to this one to cut canola, we only need one as since we spray it off we can run the divider down the tramline as we open a break. It is a CaseIH 1030 which is made by Dronnenberg in I think Denmark!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks GG.
When we talk drapers out here, we mean a 3 to 4' wide belt with slats moving the cut crop across the platform to the feeder house. Then a short belt running fore and aft moving the crop to the feeder house drum. Remember the old binders with the 4-5' wide slatted belt moving the cut crop up to the knotter!

Another question, if you don't mind.

Is Lincolnshire in England the most extensive wheat growing region in Britain?
From Google Earth it would appear to be so.
I also checked the sat. shots of France and it would appear that their major wheat growing region would be North West of Paris. I dunno what the region is called.

....John.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Cessnaguy we also call that a draper, just used for canola over here. Yes I would say some of Lincolnshire the Vale of York and round Cambridgeshire. Ther is alot around the Scottish borders too. Some of Lincolnshire is down to vegetables like carrots etc. If you look below Middlesbrough on the North East coast of England near the mouth of the river Tees a few miles south of the steelworks on the coast you can find us. We are near a place called Loftus on a strip of land 5 miles between the moors and the sea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.