The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1680 with a long sieve. I just finished some milo that had been sprayed with roundup to kill. Plant was dead and I got along fine in it running 5 mph plus in 90 bpa running 13 to 15% moisture.

I have now started to cut milo that the plant is still green, the milo is making 100 + bpa and 16 to 17% moisture. I am down to 3.5 mph and am overloading my tailings. If I open my lower sieve anymore than it is the bin gets to trashy. I am running the concaves at about 2, rotor at 550, and the fan about 1100. I have the front part of the top sieve is closed the other parts are at 1/2 and 5/8. The grain loss is acceptable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem earlier and i went ahead and closed my top sieve a little and slowed my rotor to 430 concave at 3 fan at 1180. This way I didn't tear up the trash as bad and the top sieve rode most of it out. However, you need to make sure you are getting the grain out of the head. A day of humidity under 35% would help you immensly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Close the back of your sieve over the return (tailings elev) and open the the front part of top sieve more. You can have them open alot in that good of milo. You want most of the grain to drop in the front of sieve, not the back. Like mulefarmer states, open concaves to 2.8 or 3, slow down rotor a little. Check your slip clutches, could be worn out also. Hope this helps a little S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts