The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 1680 grain combine. While in the cab in gear at max rpm the cab and combine seems like its shaking a lot more than normal. Its threshing grain fine just the shake is bothering me. Could it be rotor bearing or something else, just bothers me. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
could be bearings but the rotor or the chopper could be out of balance, broken chopper blade or broken rasp bar is all it takes to make them shake.....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Try adjusting your rotor speed down. Might have dirt and dust built up inside of the rotor throwing it out of balance. I know a rotor being out of balance will lead to a rotor bearing failure. Also if it is out of balance spinning faster will make it vibrate more

·
Registered
998 Posts
Put the rotor in neutral, drop a concave and spin the rotor by hand - if it keeps stopping in the same position it's out of balance. Check for things like broken or missing rasp bars first before welding bits of steel on to balance it. It may have even had a whack with a rock or piece of steel and dented it. Look for the obvious things first.

·
Registered
620 Posts
To determine if it is chopper or rotor, remove chopper belt then engage thresher to operating rpm and if vibration stops it is the chopper if not then check rotor like mentioned above.. Don't forget to inspect rotor, chopper and thresher belts either one could be coming apart piece by piece.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would look at the elephant ears. Had a vibration develop in ours a few years back and couldn't figure it out. Ended up having about 1/2 of an ear break off and ran through the combine. Very expensive to fix.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You could have had a bunch of dust that sits behind the rasp bars fall out on one side of the rotor from a impact such as a rock or just from sitting over winter . try taking all the concaves and separator grates out and blow all the dust out behind the rasp bars . then try again .
Marshall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts