The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I have to replace the bushings on the drive pulley for the rotor. How much has to be taken apart to access this? Mine has a chopper on it. Can the pulley halves be removed without removing the complete unit from the combine? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not sure with the chopper. I have a 1660 w/o chopper and you have to take loose u-joint and the big nut behind it. Then slide the rotor adjust off the shaft. I think you can then remove the pulley halves. When you reassemble, the drive pulley and driven pulley have to be perfectly lined up or you will go through a lot of rotor belts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to remove the movable half of the pulley with out turning the drive shaft. with the chopper drive on there it is quite heavy and awkward so I didn't want to mess with it. I had to remove the actuator and the outside bracket, and remove the drive shaft from the fan drive. Things are still not easy (if the engineers would have left 1 inch more no problem) but I was able to get the sheave out. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts