The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a 1680 with just installed afx rotor. This machine runs corn and beans. It has the standard short sieve, wire concaves with every other wire taken out on the second concave, and the notched bars not the smooth ones. Will be running an eight row cornhead. I have problems with corn coming over the rotor and was wondering what to do? Its not a lot but id like to stop it. Perhaps I should take every other wire out of the first sieve as well? Maybe im not agressive enough with the rotor to get the thresting done quickly enough. Help would be appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I run a 2188 with an afx rotor and in beans i pull every other wire on the 3rd concave. Run a 1 5/8 close slat i believe for top sieve. In corn had to pull every other wire on the 2nd concave as well, we were running a 12 row head. And put in corn sieve. In my opinion should be able to make machine have 0 loss in corn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i would put some interupter or straight bars on the rotor We used to run 12 on our AFX rotor This will slow down the speed the material moves through the rotor but will increase the power required.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
mnfish, think you are asking me, but anyway. In beans this year i ran rotor from 550-750 and concave anywhere from .3 to 2 in the cab. Fan is usually pretty fast 1100+. In corn usually 350-450 rotor and 3-4 on concave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts