The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Kit from CIH to make it work electrically. You'll also want a serrated feeder chain. Need to slide auger as far back as possible, you'll also want rubber flaps that bolt onto auger to kick crop back into feeder, there nothing more than 3" tall by 6-8" long.

Don't want to offend anyone but CNH heads are junk. I assume you have a 1020 now, stick with it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Headsight has a much easier to install kit to make these two work together. Please contact us before you buy the CIH stuff...that CIH kit is a pain to install and is a nighmare to troubleshoot if it does not work.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
I've got a 1020, 925f and 630f, both green heads are so far ahead of the red ones it would make your head spin.

Look at green ones, Jeff set me up with headsight and all is well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with SWFarmservice. I run a JD 630 with Headsight electrical conversion on a 2388 and love! Works great!

·
Registered
73 Posts
So what's all envolved in putting a green header on a red combine besides the electrical kit?

·
Registered
980 Posts
So what's all envolved in putting a green header on a red combine besides the electrical kit?
Adapter for header to feederhouse, pto and hyd adapters. Cant remember who makes them but sombody sells a kit. Looks pretty simple. I've been kicking this around for a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts