The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1688 and am looking to go with a draper head to improve feeding and capacity. I borrowed a neighbors 36' Honeybee to try out but my combine won't lift it high enough to get it out of transport mode let alone go all of the way up. I have the third cylinder, so I thought it should pick it up fine. Is it a relief valve problem or what?

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
is the back end of the machine off the ground? You'll have to weight it up or put chloride in the tires to get any sort of stability. Does it lift it at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No chloride in rear tires yet but the rear end doesn't come off the ground. The header lifts enough that the far side transport tire is just about to come off the ground.

·
Registered
259 Posts
we had the same problem with a 1680 we had , had to get hyd pressure turned up it worked fine after that. Also get calcium or a weight bracket for the back otherwise the combine will bounce pretty bad if you stop a little to quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Artificially wieghted rear end with a front loader on rear tire. Picks header up so transport is about 6 inches off ground (cutterbar about 3'). It uses about half of the rams length is all. Is this is as high as it will go? If it is moving from place to place would mean taking header off each time or cleaning grass and weeds out of header after moving.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can turn up the hyd. pressure some, but the recommended way to do it is to get a bigger cylinder - Honey Bee sells one. It's a bigger diameter cylinder, you change the "single" on the right side over to it and it will lift fine. We did one this way, and added a 4th "factory" ram to another - either way works good, but it slows things down some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts