The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a chopper in my 1688 and maybe my 1470. Does anyone have any thoughts about the TSR chopper vs. an OEM style? Pros/cons etc... Am I correct in thinking that the chopper goes in place of the beater? Am I in for a major project?
TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
We put in a TSR 4yrs ago and love it it does a way better job of chopping than our other 1688 with factory chopper and yes it is quite a heavy clumbsy job to do (especially in mid-july when we did ours with not much air flow inside combine when its 30 plus above outside)but well worth the sweat and time to do it ....and alot easier to drop knives out to not chop

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have 2 2388 with factory chopper, and a 2188 with TSR put in over winter. and have not run the 21 yet this year, but will let you know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When we ran a 2188 which had an internal orginal chopper we bought a relatively inexpensive kit from Rodono industries out of Clive, Alberta which consisted of some highgrade knives to replace the sickles that were original and then made 3 half circle pipes to throw the straw out inside of the 6 slats on the orginal it did as good as job of cutting and distributing straw as our other combine which was a 470R at the time and we did not spend big dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts