The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to just put 1 or 2 washers in between the elevator clutch springs. We put a hopper topper on and now it will fill the tank untill about 5 inches under the edge and then it will kick out the elevator because the extra load on the incline. I`ve seen pictures on this site from folks that put extra augers in the tank to take load of the incline and drive them from the clean elevator top shaft but that takes power to I think.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check to make sure the clutch hub is not worn out, if it is the jaws will not be held all the way together and it wont stop slipping. There are heavier springs available from a service builletin( the ones used on a 2588),

·
Registered
156 Posts
Putting washers in probably will not help much, like steigerman said you will need to replace clutches. Never grease them, when they slip a couple times under a heavy load they are finished. When you get the new ones make sure to put new springs on also. Good luck S

·
Registered
636 Posts
we had this happen last year on a 2388 we checked the slip clutches and they were as close to new as you can get. Talked with caseih and they said to add one or two washers which we did and we did not have a problem the rest of the year.

I should also note that about 500 acres later the elevator drive chain was shot and we replaced it. This was not due to the washers it was starting to go before. But it is important that you do not put to many washers in or the pulley will not be able to move out enough to slip and something else will likely give.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts