The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uncle just bought a 1688 and a 30' honeybee. The combine has 3 lift cylinders but will only lift the head 1' off the ground at full throttle. Is there anyway to turn up the lift pressure or what are his options?

·
Registered
905 Posts
We used to have a 1680 with only the 2 cylinders I believe. Always used a 30' 1010 header with no issues and an 853 jd row crop head, now that jd header is HEAVY. So I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be able to lift the 30' honeybee. Just not sure what to tell you to check out.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
gonna need to check pressures, were slow to begin with, will check with my buddy and post back tonight, third cylinder helps, don't remember what he did, thinking foot and inch valve, not sure, scott.

·
Registered
599 Posts
we had a 1680 with two cylinders and it had a problem with lifting a 960 draper talked with service and it should be a simple matter of adjusting the pressure relief valve. I am not at the combine right now so I cant remember exactly where it is but I believe the block was on the left side not far from the auger under the shields. Safest way is to check pressures, but if you dont have a pressure tester a quick way to see is to crank the relief valve in half turn at a time and see if it helps. Somebody may be able to tell you exact location before I get out to the combine but if not I will try and post.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I told him to go check the relief valve and he says its already turned in all the way. Any other ideas? Appreciate all the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts