The Combine Forum banner

17th century backup for 21st century technology

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  joeltractor 
#1 ·
After replacing umpteen fuel sender unit floats - & it's not a pretty job replacing them as this is the first part of the machine on the production line, then everything else is slapped around & over this area - I've had to resort to medieval technology as a (inevitable I fear) backup for piss poor 21st century technology.
When is CNH going to finally dump the multitude of defective plastic floats in a lake - rest assured, they will sink - & supply us more than a little annoyed customers, with a float that actually ........ floats! :sFun_DeadHorse:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Had to replace the plastic float in our 2010 8120 last fall. It wasn't too bad but it felt like the wind blew all the chaff and dust on top of the fuel tank into my face. If it happens again I will probably try find some cork.
Talking to the dealer it sounds like quite a few 8120s have had this problem but not the 71s or 91s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.